Tundra Wilderness Guided Tours.
Experience Alaska's unspoiled beauty with an interpretive guided tour. See this amazing place as few ever get the chance to, and enjoy the many advantages our tours offer. Learn more with your guide to point out key sights and answer questions. See better, sitting higher off the road in your tour bus. See more, with an entire group to look out for (and point out) sights and wildlife. Not to be missed!
Explore the pristine wilderness with an experienced naturalist who will share insights about the land and its wildlife. You'll get the chance to see some of the magnificent creatures who live here. And keep an eye out for a view of Denali - "The Great One." You'll also see rolling tundra, taiga forests and breathtaking scenery on this unforgettable six-to-eight-hour adventure.
- The definitive Denali experience.
- Advanced reservations recommended.
- Great photo opportunities.
- Lunch box and beverage included.
- Morning and afternoon departures from area hotels.
Everything about Denali National Park is big: the scenery, the mountains, the incredible beauty, and the animals. The Tundra Wildlife Tour is an excellent way to spot the wildlife for which Alaska is so famous: moose, bear, wolves, caribou, Dall sheep and more. Fully narrated by a naturalist, this six to eight-hour tour travels 53 miles into Denali National Park to the Toklat River. The tour focuses on scouting out the wildlife in the park, in addition to explaining the historical and geographical background of the area. Frequent photo opportunities and rest stops are made, and a box lunch with hot beverages is included.
Exact departure times will be assigned 48 hours prior to scheduled tour date. Generally, morning tours depart between 5:30am to 7:30am and afternoon tours depart between 12:30pm to 2:00pm. Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets the night before your tour at the activities desk of your assigned departure hotel. The price for this tour includes the Park entrance fee and a ticketing fee.
What To Wear
Due to unpredictable Alaskan weather, we advise dressing in layers, which will allow you to stay warm and dry as the outdoor environment changes. For this event, please also bring comfortable walking shoes and a jacket that can shield you from light wind or rain. Don't forget you camera and binoculars for the many photo opportunities along the way.
Length: 6 to 8 Hours
Morning Departure Times:
* 6:00 AM depart Denali Bluffs Hotel, return 1:00 PM
* 6:00 AM depart Denali Princess Lodge, return 1:00 PM
* 6:00 AM depart Grande Denali Lodge, return 1:00 PM
* 6:00 AM depart McKinley Chalet Resort, return 1:00 PM
* 6:00 AM depart McKinley Village Lodge, return 1:00 PM
Afternoon Departure Times:
* 2:00 PM depart Denali Bluffs Hotel, return 9:00 PM
* 2:00 PM depart Denali Princess Lodge, return 9:00 PM
* 2:00 PM depart Grande Denali Lodge, return 9:00 PM
* 2:00 PM depart McKinley Chalet Resort, return 9:00 PM
* 2:00 PM depart McKinley Village Lodge, return 9:00 PM