Winter season reveals a "cool" side of Alaska that you just have to see. A laid back atmosphere allows people time to tell stories that were myth for you once upon a time. Don't mistake the leisurely pace with a lack of activity. Your winter play list is long, and it starts with the Alaska Railroad.
You can mush a dog sled, learn about Alaska's past in its many museums, explore the backcountry on cross-country skis, search the skies for the northern lights, board a bush plane and fly across the legendary Arctic Circle or soak in hot springs surrounded by snowdrifts with twinkling northern lights overhead.
Our winter train schedule starts with a run north from Anchorage to Fairbanks on Saturdays and returns from Fairbanks south to Anchorage on Sundays. Or take the fly/rain option and ride the train in one direction and fly Alaska Airlines back. Finally, extend your stay, customize your own adventure and choose a wide selection of daytrips and activities based in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Download our winter brochure and find the Alaska winter adventure just for you.
- Winter Tour #1 Winter Escape Package. Two-day Fly-Rail Adventure.
- Winter Tour #2 Aurora Package. Four-day Arctic Circle Adventure.
- Winter Tour #3 Arctic Circle Adventure Package. Six-day journey through Interior Alaska.
- Winter Tour #4 Great One Package. Four-day Interior Alaska Adventure.
- Winter Tour #5 Winter Special Event Package. Iditarod Sled Dog Race and Fur Rondy Tour.